FG turbo side intake

BJSXR6TMKII

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

It's worth if and only if you get a tune to suit it... you don't require a tune, though. The tune will obviously have gains with a freed up intake, but at the same time you'd want to go for a bunch of other mods to make up for the extra airflow possible, too :)

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 16d

That "Antz" kit looks like a Plazmaman rip off.
I think the Process West airbox kit is the best designed and built setup with the belmouth from a 4" pipe to a 6" filter.
Down to you budget or what you prefer really, they'll all be better than stock.

• Member For: 9y 8m 26d

I have the Plazmaman kit and in my opinion it's definitely worth it as I specifically wanted more induction noise (and hectik dose bro). I'm not an expert but I assume there would be a small (5kw~?) gain. No need to get a tune, and this was the first mod I did (plus intercooler piping), but it sounds 1000x better after I upgraded intercooler and exhaust + tune etc. 

Antz kit looks alright for the price but I'm glad I went with Plazmaman. 

Thanks guys, I'm looking to stock some parts then get it all fitted at once and tune to save me money and trouble mucking around, I'm looking at side intake kit, stage 1 intercooler (so I don't have to cut anything) and 1000cc injectors, car is running 277rwkw atm with 460 fuel pump, exhaust, high flow cat and 4" dump, not sure I'll be able to afford a bigger turbo for a bit but that will surely come later, just trying to push 300 as safely as possible atm

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 26d

I just put an Antz kit in and seems pretty good. I couldn't justify the extra cost of the Plaz for something that's just a couple of pipes and some sheet metal.

I did grab a K&N pod though as I didn't want to skimp there. Will just use the Antz pod as a spare if the K&N is being cleaned.

It does make a lot of noise on throttle compared to the factory setup which is great, but just be prepared for the fact that it isn't subtle.

• Like 2