ZF 6 Speed, shudders at ~3k revs?

DakotaWebber

• Member For: 4y 6m 27d

Hi all,

Recently got a repalcement 6 speed for my G6e as the old one nuked itself from the forbidden milkshake, I have an air cooler installed so the issue wont happen in the future.

I've noticed recently with about 20,000ks after install mainly in 2nd and 3rd gear when the foot is to the floor around 3000 in 2nd it will almost stop/shudder for half a second and jump up about 250 revs and continue onwards after, almost like its traction control cutting in and killing power.

It seems alot more prominent over the rev range in 3rd gear and usually has about 2-3 of these skips, it doesnt really feel like it happens in 1st.

When the air cooler was installed I did notice one tiny drip of trans fluid on the bottom of the case on the day but havent seen anything since, could this be a fluid issue? I bought this car for the claimed reliability and comfort and so far the transmission has been letting me down. Im also wondering if it could be because of the air cooler cooling the trans more than expected and it slipping itself to try and heat up or if its just the fluid being too cold.

I havent changed spark plugs in a while but I doubt it could be a misfire, happy to provide a video of the issue later today, might be taking it to where I got the trans replaced in a few weeks and see what they can provide.