2016 Ford Falcon FGX XR6 Turbo Police Modifications

ChilliDude911

• Member For: 3y 10m 9d

Hi all, Just joined the site as I have bought an Ex NSW Police 2016 FGX Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo.

I am trying to find out the exact modifications the Police make to the vehicles.

I found the link which basically notes some of the mod's.

https://www.australianpolice.com.au/police-car-index/

The Bembo brake upgrade is obvious, but it also states "Modified Suspension"? does anyone know the exact changes?

Also when checking for any fault codes I noticed an additional plug, making me think it was for a tune modification? as the cars performance is great.

I contacted the NSW Police Service directly, and they gave me the link to make an application to access the information regarding my vehicle. But of cause this is at a cost.

If anyone has gone down this path and has the info, will help me out heaps.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by ChilliDude911

• Member For: 8y 1m 14d

There was an English website that you could type in the VIN number and it would give you the build details of your car. I did this to my ex-HWP years ago but I can't remember wher I saved the info. There is are performance extras with these cars.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

no, there's no performance extras.

you get better brakes and sometimes slightly stiffer suspension via swaybar/bush changes, that's about it.

you don't need an extra plug to tune the car, the standard OBD2 port behind the fuse panel is sufficient, so that extra plug will just be a holdover to something else the police used.

• Member For: 11y 10m 16d

I just bought one too, interesting that they are all coming up for sale.  Mine was from NSW police and now resides in WA.  Chilli did yours have the usual wear on the seat from their holster ?

• Member For: 8y 6m 28d

Fpv suspension + brembos mine also has auto trans cooler upgrade it’s a 2010 ex NWM Highway patrol ...Mine also had wear marks from holster + a couple of holes hear an there from lights computers ect...They never drove it like I do but ;)