Head studs on a fg f6

Regany

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

There’s no hard fast rule but I’ve had many over 500rwkw with factory head bolts and the furthest I’ve personally tuned one is 566rwkw @ 27.5 psi and still didn’t lift. It’s about tuning mostly but hardware set up following. 

This is an area workshops make some easy money off customers but on the flip side you get something for your money so it’s not exactly a scam either. It’s the justification that’s the grey area ....

At the end of the day go with whatever your tuner tells you as if you don’t you can’t complain when it lifts, if they’re competent, your car can be set up accordingly and on your wallets side You don’t need them for upto 500rwkw @ 22psi on a 35 frame IWG turbo on E85 when tuned accordingly as a guide 

• Like 2

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

To generate a target power outcome other influences need to be in a correct application. Any tuner who’s done R&D will know how to achieve this result 

Im not going to say exactly how it’s done as someone will try it and bugger it up then it’s my fault but I’ve put all the pieces out there on this forum over the years 

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 8d
You don’t need them for upto 500rwkw @ 22psi on a 35 frame IWG turbo on E85 when tuned accordingly as a guide
To the op.
With the size turbo to achieve the magic 500, you will be giving up alot of area under the curve, that is available with a built motor.

And the question what is stronger a FG rod, or a stock headstud most shops believe the rod, jet believes the stud, or at least the gap is closer then we think/told by the shops.