Drag wheels inquiry!

TheChad90

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 2m 16d

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows the biggest fattest mickey thompson ET street tire on the smallest possible rim I could fit on the rear of my FPV FG F6 MK1 UTE??? I only have the OEM F6 rear calipers (no brembos). I have the rear guards rolled of course and currently have 305/30-R20  with plenty of room for wider tires.

Also I was considering getting some black Weld's but don't know the rim size I would need.

cheers 

Chad

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 20d

With the PBR rear brakes which I assume you have that pretty much does you out of 15 inch rim.

I would try get hold of some standard XR6T rear brakes and then you can fit a 15 inch wheel.

I am running a 15x10 wheel with a 325 Mickey Thompson ET Street, but have done a lot of guard work to make it fit.

My guards are probably around 2-3 inches each side wider than standard.

I did run a 295 ET previously which required guard work also, but less of it.

• Member For: 3y 10m 11d

ok cool that could be an option.  

anyone know what is the widest 17" tyre you can run ?  if I don't go the 15" option was thinking 275 40 17 and wondering on standard rims will these fit under the guards

• Member For: 3y 10m 11d

hey well thanks in advance of the many more questions to come.  First turbo car of any sort as have always been a diehard v8 guy and race a car from the darkside (chev Camaro) got a opportunity to pick up a cheap BA Turbo with plan to put my daughter in to get some seat time on the drag strip

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 2m 16d

Yea see I don't want to get rid of my f6 brakes and if I can get away with 16" rims I'll do that. Does anyone know if 16s will be the go??? I have a decent amount of guard work