BA XR6T Rough Idle, no throttle when cold.

• Member For: 5y 2m 6d

Hi everyone.

I've recently developed a problem with my BA XR6 Turbo that's got me bested.

When its cold, I cant throttle without the car leaning out and nearly conking out / poping in the intake. Being persitant with the throttle makes the problem pass and goes on to disappear completely when the engine warms up over a quarter gauge.

What I've replaced:

Brand new Genuine Bosch O2 sensor.

Brand new Genuine Bosch Fuel Pressure Reg.

Cleaned Factory Injectors.

Brand new Ryco Fuel Filter.

Brand new Walbro 255LPH Pump.

These were done prior to issue arrising and car was driven faultlessly for about 1500Kms.

Since developing the issue I've done:

Brand new Genuine Spark Plugs.

I've scanned the car, it's not throwing any codes.

My current fix has just been idling the car till warm and then going on with my travel.

Cheers in advance.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 7d

I would say 99% this is not your issue, but it's an easy one to prove.

The ecu's in ba's are prone to failure when cold or hot. Usually doesn't cause this issue but still. Pour a kettle of hot water over the ecu before driving.

Other issue you may have a vacuum leak.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

so you're waiting for the car to get warm with regard to coolant to get proper boost/power in the top end... sounds like coils to me, but could be a bunch of things...

• 7 months later...
  • Member For: 3y 3m 10d
On 11/05/2020 at 10:24 AM, gaz097 said:

I would say 99% this is not your issue, but it's an easy one to prove.

The ecu's in ba's are prone to failure when cold or hot. Usually doesn't cause this issue but still. Pour a kettle of hot water over the ecu before driving.

Other issue you may have a vacuum leak.

what does the hot water do and if it’s stops the rough idling then how and what’s causing it 

I’ve changed coils,plugs,02sensor,I had only put on new keyless pads with keys and did it fords way press rear demister button for three times and when door locks open press each button on each pad so you know they are setup correctly 

First drive after doing these my car has been idling fine when cold as soon as it’s upto normal driving temperature the car idles very roughly when I put it into neutral it’s okay 

WHAT IS CAUSING THIS NIGHTMARE OF AN ISSUE SURELY MY CAMSHAFT HASNT GOT THIS LUMPY GRIND IT WOULD HAVE DONE IT PRIOR TO THIS IVE HAD CAR SEVEN YEARS NOW ONLY 112,300klms very good condition