Ignition Timing 27psi on E85

• Member For: 3y 11m 9d

Thanks for all your advice and info. I have started to make some progress with tuning, still struggling to regulate boost as I'm running a 4 port solenoid which I'll be changing to a 3 port to simplify things. The best so far is 620hp - 820nm at 21psi. Once the boost is sorted I can then get some more boost in her(29psi max) and fine tune the fuel map. Hoping to see over 800hp. Will keep you posted. 

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 7d

Nice work so far.

How's your boost holding. flat to redline, dropping off?

Where did you start losing power with spark? There's a point it will rollover but wont knock on E85. Anywhere between 13-17*. Just interested to compare a built motor to a stock one :)

• Member For: 8y 7m 21d

Great build ... not a fan of the water/air intercooler from past experience....looks to small for one !!! This was my setup from 10yr ago on a rotary....AAE58-A84-BB6-F-42-AE-A12-E-0-F73-A23-CE

I also had an ice box but only was efficient for drag racing ....I found soon as your engine temp climbes so does your air temps = danger ...

But with E85 it maybe more efficient than 10yr ago with no e85 about good luck with your tune 

The problem you were experiencing is quite common with rotaries.........your engine was down on 6 pistons :) 

On 13/05/2020 at 11:12 AM, finnas said:

Nice work so far.

How's your boost holding. flat to redline, dropping off?

Where did you start losing power with spark? There's a point it will rollover but wont knock on E85. Anywhere between 13-17*. Just interested to compare a built motor to a stock one :)

I have just managed to get the boost control to regulate at 21psi through the rev range, coming on at 2700 and holding.......4 port has been quite tricky. from 16-18degrees it increased by 40kw which is an indication it could take more timing - can't quite remember torque without pulling the screen up. At this point it was making 620 hp and 850nm. Just need to now work on upping and holding boost at 28psi to continue to tune. 

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 6m 20d

What springs have you got in the wastegate?

I would personally keep the 4 port solenoid as changing to a 3 port is a downgrade. I run a 4 port and can get perfect control from my 15 psi spring pressure to what ever I could want without a problem.

Interesting, I've had conflicting opinions which started from one of the guys at Haltech stating that I'll "forever be chasing my tail trying to get it right" where another firend of mine has told me the same thing you did. I know think it's lack of experience on my behalf and will definitely persist with the 4 port.  Any hints will be appreciated. 14 psi spring in wastegate