BF to FG plenum conversion

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 1d

I got a FG plenum for next to nothing and installed on my BF.  Instead of changing thermo I cut the end of plenum and rewelded to have clearance, also welded up throttle body holes and redid them for BF body.

20170904_142401.jpg

20170904_144805.jpg

• Like 3

• Member For: 5y 1m 25d
27 minutes ago, samhouston said:

I personally don’t see the sense in this, when you can change to a forward facing plenum for virtually the same cost 

I've not seen one for anywhere near the price of a fg one. Most I see are twice the price or more(though the PW one looks sweet).

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 15d

Go ahead and do it. I did it to my 2007 Territory Turbo Ghia. Anyone telling you it's a $5k job is a tripper. You should find a 2nd hand unit for $300-$600. There's a little bit of work involved to fit the BA/BG TB on the FG manifold alternatively use the FG TB with a wiring adaptor. You'll need to use the FG fuel rail as well.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 11m 10d

arent the re-manufactured new FG turbo intakes $650 on ebay?
Ive bought them secondhand as cheap as $150

You need to knock up some fuel rail spacers to use the full length B series injector in the 3/4 height FG rail. or use the slightly larger FG turbo injectors - need a tune however. 

the f series to b series TB adapters are anywhere from $80 to $200 depending on who you buy from, you can get them to point other directions in a J pipe type deal too.
I've purchased a b series to fg throttle body wiring loom adapter, I think that was around $100, but bear in mind you will need tune to use a fg throttle body.

New gaskets and general parts another $150 or so. 

so conservatively your around a grand to DIY install FG intake, assuming you can make the connecting cold side intercooler piping also. 

my last falcon tune was around $800, but some places charged around 1200$ here ... so if you leave the fg injectors and fg Tb in, get a tune, your around 2k?

I dont know whats a workshop would charge to change your intake, but surely its not 3k.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 15d

Not sure what the price of the intakes are, I paid $600 for mine off ebay.

Agreed, you need spacers for the injectors or run the FG injectors. Good time to change over from the BA/BF intercooler setup for the FG style setup.

Put it this way, I have the FG turbo setup in my 2013 SZ TS petrol Territory, the FG FMIC and piping fits like it was intended to do so from factory.

• 2 years later...
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

just read the posts in this thread... :) thermostat, fuel rail, throttle body etc you have to stuff about with to make it fit.