BF to FG plenum conversion

• Member For: 5y 1m 3d

How do you figure? I do all my own labour so it's parts and tuning. Seen plenty of cooler and piping kits for round 1500, plenum plus stock fuel setup 700ish, new pump 2-300 injectors 500, valve springs 300, tune 1000, fg tb adapter. What am I missing? Like I said it doesn't have to be and most likely wont be all brand new bling. Not to mention recouping a bit on the parts I take off and probably sell.

I understand zf probably won't be happy but I can worry about that if I want to keep the power down a bit to save it. Not sure what else would really be necessary.

Edited by K4L4M1TY

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Exhaust, turbo mods.  500 for injectors will buy junk. Do you reckon you can change valve springs?  Intake.? Surge tank? And that's just the start. 

Dump is the only part I'd care about buying lol, 3582 can't get near 400kw without flapper mod? Yes I can change valve springs, intake is obvious since I just removed the plenum, don't need a surge tank really, my tank is always full. I can do all the labour myself, could probably rebuild the motor if I had the space and the tools.

Edited by K4L4M1TY

Good to know a couple years holding off learning and seeing other cars and working for someone who's built monster barras has taught me nothing then mr negative. Cheers.

Edited by K4L4M1TY
  • Like 3

All good mate, I know the attitude, kind of why I left the shop I was working at which has built and tuned many barras including some record breaking cars in their time. I've been sitting on my hands watching and waiting for when I felt I should start down the rabbit hole. Plenty of builds out there and plenty of parts I could buy but don't necessarily feel I need them ie: oil pump gears which I hear is a big thing for limit bashers which I avoid plus I have a zf.

Seen parts all over the place at all different prices, I'm not one to  always buy and get burned buying rock bottom cheap stuff so I try to know who I'm buying from when it's used stuff and pay a fair price but god knows there's plenty of good wrecks out there with nice parts just waiting to be bought haha.

Edited by K4L4M1TY

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 19d

Absolutely no reason why you cant make a big jump in performance for less than $5k.

The FG intake is a neat setup, you don't necessarily need it but it is neater and works better.

By the sounds of it that's the way you want to go so I would say do it!

Always plenty of good parts for sale from people doing another round of upgrades so keep your eyes out on Facebook groups, etc.

• Member For: 8y 5m 19d

FG plenum is worth doing, you need the get an FG turbo water/heater pipe from the thermostat housing to the back of the motor. I used the plazmaman hot and cold side piping for the stock ba manifold and modified it to fit the fg setup. Get a plazmaman fuel rail while you're going.

Only thing annoying is it stretches the standard b series wiring for the injectors a little.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 10m 19d

I would keep the stock fuel rail, just install a gfb fuel regulator and your good to put a fairly substantial pump behind it. standard regulators dont like large pumps.

ive installed fg manifolds on both my barras simply because I hate the placement of the tb on the b series ones. fg ones are easier to make pipework for, neater looking and easier to maintenance.