Electric problems?

jas98

• Member For: 11y 8m 28d

Hi all have  had a few issues but came good however yeaterday had battery disconnected on my ba xr6t when went to reconnect all was hood. Started car and idled ok. About 15 seconds later wipers flicked on by themselfs.....seems when starting car nownthry cycle 3 times......

Battery is brand new 3 day old. It did this last time battery was disconnexted aswell but came came good.

I fid have to get a part of body of car in boot welded yesterday but seeing this problem was also there last time I doubt it caused any issues (battery diconnected)

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

that's weird AF haha

I'd be disconnecting the battery for 30+min then re-connecting it to see if it fixes it. And if it doesn't, I'd be sure it's an electrical issue.

Haha yeah. So I was at work when wife told me. But now home. Basically start car....no wipers or aftermarket sterio that's getting power from the ACC plug that's located under steering wheel area. 

Drive along out of nowhere wipers cycle for 3 times and everything turns back on (after wipers cycle) 

I tried starting just before and no wipers etc. So diconnected battery for 30 seconds and back on and went for drive and alll back to normal....for.now.....so far....

Ford guy told me BCM issue. Auto elec said it sounds very weired but bcm is likely. Another place said nevwr herd it before haha.

Maybe did just need a reset?

How hard is it to swap BCM in a ba xr6t. Aer there different ones? 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

BCM? are they referring to PCM (Powertrain Control Module or another name for an ECU) or BEM (Body Electronics Module) haha... I assume they're referring to the BEM and it's a simple enough job to change it out as it's a separate module/box mounted in the ICC.

Haha yeah my bad BEM.  Been fine since battwry dosconnect. But yeah.

Turns out I need 2 keys to get it programed if I put another BEM in...I only.have 1 key ffs lol loterally cheaper for me to buy a ignition barrel with 2 keys to match with transponders (80 bucks all up) then it is to buy 1 key from ford for $180...

Do you know if I can use forscan to program it all in myself?  Ford said about 210 for them to install BEM and program...drive in drive oit if I supplied it.

Another auto electric guy said they send them away to be gixed but need key....key reader and bem and will take up to 3 weeks plus....I <3 Bananas haha

Although now everything is workig fine 😂

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 29d

I had a key cut and coded for my BA pretty easily by a locksmith so you might be able to do that so that you have two?

Tried Mister Minit the first time - key would go in and start the car, but would not come out again...

Haha yeah. Locksmith was 150 for key. Mr minit 180. Ford wants 160 just to supplie key.

I can get a ignition barrel....lock and 2 keys cut ...all genuine for 80 bucks just need codeing.

Looking into useig forscan to do it. Anyone know the best obd11 plig to do ot with?

Alright. Spoke to another ford guy whos now a parts guy at ford. He said sounds like BEM and by me dosconnecting battery and reconecting it has reset itself. So hopefully its all ot needed as it seems fine now.

Either way I will look into forscan and an extr key etc

• 3 months later...

Long story short. After a heap of stuffing round and just before I decide to sway the BEM I was checking over car again when it was doing this problem and turns out it was a faulty relay.....alll corroded inside (one cover removed)

Fun thing was it was 2 bad relays as when I swapped it from the power window switch one (to fault find) that one aswell was bad. So pulled guess box out and checked all wording and everything seemed ok and been working for a few weeks fine now