Barra swap with Cleveland in xy Fairmont

• Member For: 8y 7m

7-DBE620-A-DB43-40-E9-9-FCE-ADAFE209-A6-hey people

I inherited this from my father...I’m not a v8 guy I’m a Rotary freak but have a fg xr6t with 420hp @ wheels which I’ve come to enjoy as my family car ...so I’m going to Tuff Mount a Barra in to my Fairmont but I will keep the C4 gearbox an I’m going to keep the motor scoop which I’ll fit somehow to the Barra ....Now the Fg is 400kgs heavier than the Xy, so I see an easy 11sec car in the end maybe even 10sec is on the cards...

I’ll keep you all updated as I progress this build..

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Progress ;

78118-F90-A78-A-4-B57-960-B-E5028-B0-B8-

I have the 2006 bf motor...Now to start stripping the crap of it...

Now look at it....

FC739-B4-F-E979-4-F61-B400-9655353839-BA
I have a torque power bell housing to pick up tomorrow for the C4 ....I have a FG turbo an Exhaust manifold plus I have an FG fuel rail with 1000cc kpm injectors ...I’m waiting to fit the motor in the engine bay to see my options for intake manifold...Happy days...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

I have ordered the Tuff mount kit , We are just waiting on the sway bar...I opened the rocker cover to find scorching on the cams an rollers...

So I sourced some immaculate rollers , I ordered Stg 2 Atomic cams ....I also have ordered all my parts from Dominator I highly recommend Michael is a great bloke to deal with an he saved me $$$$....

So I have Dominator valve springs, billet oil pump gears with backing plate , headstuds & valve tool... also Dominator deals Atomic so got my cams for $855 , I’ve also got atomic HD timing chain an atomic power steer delete...Dominator also helped me with a full gasket kit a MLS 4layer 1.3mm head gasket to a new water pump ...So big shoutout to Michael DOMINATOR MOTORSPORT ❤️
I also have a plazmaman intercooler and I have a 12psi turbosmart accuator on its way ...

So I have also ported the flapper hole on the Garrett to help hold boost a bit better I hope...

So I’m waiting to receive all of the parts to start piecing it all together fun times ahead....

I have also made contact with Bill Hooton for the electrical side of the build he makes the stand alone looms for all conversions again great bloke to speak to and a gentle man willing to help with questions....

I will take some pics very soon

• 3 months later...

Parts

All these parts was from Dominator Motorsport

E5ACE655-4C36-4D97-96C9-48004AEF3F70.thumb.jpeg.050c3a07b5a41d688175ac29e445e164.jpegAtomic cams

mls 1.3mm head gasket 

DM head studs 

DM valve springs 

DM oil pump gears + backing plate

Atomic HD timing chain 

atomic power str delete 

Permaseal gasket kit
So the engine is in the cleaning process in this pic

452F2597-B8C2-49B7-BD4B-57BA4338BF56.thumb.jpeg.a9efc4dddd299b17d90dfb93505e24dd.jpeg

The block was checked for flatness with a metal ruler all over the deck..I used a sharpening stone to clean the deck with WD40 ...Same procedure was done to the head deck...

Then I serviced the head new valve stem seals before the valves was installed...Oil pump gears was also built ...

• Like 1