Bf xr6 centre dash controls not working

Newtoxr6t

• Member For: 3y 11m 5d

Hey there today I bought my first xr6 loving it so far everything is great but the only thing it needs is the radio which doesn’t seem to work at all the display doesn’t light up and the aircon doesn’t work either no buttons seem to do anything no fans work and neither do the lock or int light work (although the backlight to all the buttons work) I checked the fuses under the bonnet and in the car but they’re all fine I’m wondering if there’s an accessory relay I should change before I go ripping the dash apart to fix it or any trouble shooting will help cheers 

cheers

Alright thanks mate I’m spending tomorrow on the car going over it too to bottom taking the day off since it’s my bday I’m going to have a look under the dash and pop out the stereo and so on see what I can find 

So I pulled out the icc checked all plugs and wires unfortunately I don’t have a multimeter to check for power to the unit but everything is plugged in fine and no fuses are blown so maybe it’s the actual unit what do you think ? 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

get a car audio place to diagnose if it's stuffed, imho...

but if you don't want to do that, then yeah, picking one up at a wrecker might be your best bet.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok update I have now been to a car audio joint and he has diagnosed saying the unit itself is stuffed the plugs are still getting power so if I get another one I should be able to get it reprogrammed but I don't know if ford will do it or if I can go to an independent place or not I have another unit but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it programmed to my car any advice is good advice cheers