iRacing

gaz097

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 19d

it looks like Iv'e been playing

#5 is my name bro :nerd8:

Iv'e thought about iracing but not too keen on the subscription thing

I play Assetto Corsa Competizione, Project Cars 2, WRC8,  TT Isle of Man-ride on the edge 2 and the one I'm playing most at the moment, RaceRoom Racing Experience 

the first review about iracing I looked at says a lot about the idiots online that are smash and crash and the payment system  

Quote: "Iracing. The racing game that forces you to not race. Any infractions made to you or against anyone results in a huge penalty to your ratings. You need better ratings to improve throughout the game. The logical way to improve is to plod along behind all the wreck heads and come last but with points, lifting you through the licences but also defeating the object of racing.. dreadful paywalls stop you playing most leagues unless you want to shell out for a car and all tracks for that series costing hundreds. Great physics and doesnt feel arcade like at all. Just ruined by their progression system and paywalls."

what is your experience @gaz097 ?

I know that @Rab used to play it 

I have been considering buying into "RaceRoom Racing Experience" which did have a special one off price  AUD $170 all cars all tracks 

currently there is a prize pool of €80,000 for online events, current comps here:  http://game.raceroom.com/competitions/

I see that this price in iracing gives you a 2 year membership 

I'm playing the free version at the moment,   4 tracks and a handful of cars 

Portimão in a "BMW hill climb icon" being my favorite with a best time of 1:27.2 

Graphics are awesome, and the in-car sound one of the best (equivalent to Assetto Corsa Competizione)

free to play download here:  http://game.raceroom.com/

• Member For: 12y 8m 29d

I signed up for 1 month for about 9 bucks so I don't feel that's too bad. Gives me a fair few tracks and cars, and I could race in nearly every league racing last night.

I definitely am better at dirt track then road at the moment.

It's very hard to get through the first couple of corners/ lap without being taken out. If you qualify up front it's fine though. From Midpack back it's crazy.

And the ratings I'm not worried about yet. I try not to take anyone out and race clean. If I get taken out or crash big time I just quit the race and start another race

• Like 1

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Member For: 11y 19d
3 hours ago, gaz097 said:

It's very hard to get through the first couple of corners/ lap without being taken out. If you qualify up front it's fine though. From Midpack back it's crazy.

this is the main problem with most online driver sims

sometimes even if you qualify on the front row, some idiot just shunts you up the ass full bore into the first corner

probably some school boy who wants to play demolition derby

and if you accidentally tap someone out, if they catch you then they will deliberately take you out 

3 hours ago, gaz097 said:

And the ratings I'm not worried about yet. I try not to take anyone out and race clean. If I get taken out or crash big time I just quit the race and start another race

Assetto Corsa Competizione has an online rating system as well

you need a rating of 60 or better to race in the competitions

I'm currently sitting at 47 :facepalm:

even the tiniest kiss to another car will give you a rating penalty

it is so frustrating when I'm trying my hardest to race cleanly to get my online score up to race in the competitions 

• 2 weeks later...