X-Force cat-back vs middle muffler delete

Tawfxr6t

• Member For: 4y 3m 3d

Hey guys, currently got a FG tuned to around 300rwkw, looking to get a little more sound of it, currently got a venom hi-flow bolt in cat with stock dump/cat-back. Getting a middle muffler delete will run me $200 at a local exhaust shop so I was thinking it might be worth just going for a cat-back system. Looking at X-forces range of cat-back systems I got quite lost at which cat-back system would be suitable as I'm planning on upgrading to a X-force cat/dump with my next stage of upgrades. Which X-force cat-back system would fit to a Venom bolt in cat and would this system also work with a X-force cat/dump later down the track?

Also I've read that any changes to the exhaust system from behind the cat don't require a re-tune, is this true?

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

If you buy a cat back that works with factory dump/cat, then as long as you later get a dump/cat that works with factory cat-back (most do) then you'll be fine.

I'd get another quote on the middle muffler delete though - seems pricey.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

obviously that's not a delete, it's a replacement hot-dog muffler or something for $200.

if you get a cat-back system it'll make plenty of noise (maybe even too much, depending on your tastes).

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d

As much as I'd like to agree exhaust shops charge a heap lately, especially with anything not an OEM replacement kinda job.

That's how Sydney has been the last few years anyway, unless you know someone.

Knowing someone cheap and good, good luck lol.

• 3 months later...
  • Is on holiday from communism
  • Member For: 5y 2m 26d

Rear muffler delete sounds like a droney *beep* middle muffler delete sounds like a droney *beep*.

Replace both mufflers with resonators.

Sounds sexual.

• Member For: 5y 6m 24d

Just wondering about the stock pipe size. I think it's already 3"? Which should support a decent amount of power. So do you need to replace the actual exhaust piping or can you just replace the middle and rear mufflers?