FG XR6 newbie- leaking coolant above gearbox??

TerMi

• Member For: 3y 11m 13d

Hi all, after being a Holden supporter for over 25 years iv recently purchased a 2011 FG xrt Ute. 
new to ford so I don't have much of an idea about them.

after driving for about 15 minutes I noticed a sh*t load of coolant dumping onto the driveway coming out from near the auto gearbox.

I checked it out and seen there is a hose coming out of the transmission tunnel floor where the coolant was leaking from??

I can fill the coolant and watch it pour straight out from under faster then I can fill it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Edited by TerMi
Typo

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

There's coolant lines that run to a heat exchanger for the gearbox that could be leaking or if it's coming down on the drivers side then it's possible one of the coolant lines coming from the rear of the block could be leaking. Clean around the area's that could be leaking then run the car (or pour in if that's enough to spot it) for a bit to spot the actual leak point and repair appropriately.

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

Yeah the coolant runs down on the right side of the box About inline with the drivers seat. 
I can feel a rubber tube above the box coming out through the floor of the trans tunnel I thought it may of been leaking out of that. 
thanks for the help I'll get back under and have another look 

• 2 weeks later...

So it was the heater core failure causing coolant to leak out from the overflow that runs through the floor of the ute in the trans tunnel. For anyone who is unlucky enough for it to happen to them.

for now I bypassed the heater core until I replace it. Looks like a sh*t job pulling the dash out to get to it.

After a test drive to see if I fixed the coolant problem it turns out my turbo is cooked too 🤬 Smoking out the exhaust and no boost at all.

anyone know of a good turbo reconditioner? I’m running a garret gtx 35/82

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

Yuck. Checked out a friend's Focus recently because it was dripping coolant underneath near the rear, which sounded very odd.

Heater core was leaking and running under the carpet to a drain hole near the rear seats. Was a real mess.