beaubeau

Redback catback exhaust Victoria 90db limit and P plates

Hey guys, I know there are plenty of topics already on exhausts, but I haven’t found any solid answer. I have a BF and I am on my p plates. I am wanting an exhaust to give me a little more sound. I don’t want it LOUD, but just something nice. Will the Redback catback only system keep me under 90db? If not, what setup will keep me under? Also, should I do it considering my p plates, or should I be a good boy and wait three years to hear my Barra?

cheers.

if you just want some nice noise, a rear muffler replacement only is all you need to do that and not be above the limit.

@k31th @arronm thanks a lot guys. Do either of you have any idea on the p plate situation? I’m thinking just a rear muffler replacement may be nice, will I be okay with the cops? I obviously am not gonna drive like an idiot and I’m still running stock xr6 wheels, so I shouldn’t have any unnecessary attention.

cops care about cars that are too loud and cars that are too low... everything else they don't seem to really give a stuff about with regard to P-platers... so of course you're taking a risk with putting an exhaust on, but it's less of a risk if it's just cat-back that's designed to be right around the sound limit.

If it's auto don't bother, will be droney af.
Not worth the extra volume.

Sick as but bruh.

If it helps though, cops will always be aiming for p platers. Don't drive like a numpty and have a good respectful attitude if you ever pulled over and you'll get away with a bit.

@OZYWALKER yeah it’s an auto 6. How bad would the drone be if as commented above, I just put a rear muffler replacement? I haven’t ever been pulled over, but I would always be respectful and never infallible when it inevitably happens. 

Auto will sound decent if you driving it hard but cruising can be pretty average with a louder exhaust.
Especially without turbo noises.
It's not like the barra is a great sounding engine in factory form, cams and turbo make it decent though.