Hose size required for plumb back BOV

El Andrew

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 25d

Yeah Dan my Turbosmart is significantly louder than stock. And BCB I reckon the metal intake elbow you are plumbed to makes a difference to noise too, rather than the air blasting into the plastic factory crossover.

• Member For: 5y 4m 12d

If you have a alloy throttle body pipe you could get the 25mm bov pipe cut off it and weld on whatever size pipe you want to suit a bigger bov, turbosmart do a 32mm kompact plumb back valve.

I have a 25mm turbosmart kompact plumback valve and instead of plumbing it back into inlet I put a 25mm k&n filter on it.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 25d

I like to keep it legal. On an FG the BOV is front and centre so I figure is a good invitation to go looking further if it is vented, or a signpost that everything is ok here if you've bothered plumbing it.

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6d

leave it connected as per stock and block off it's vacuum source, meaning it always stays closed :spoton: blocked BOV without the issues that come with that.

• Like 1

• Member For: 5y 4m 12d

Cops over here dont bother looking under the hood, unless you have a real piece of crap looking car, they will just sting you for speeding and sustained or excessive loss of traction, so no 50 meter long power skids.