NA mk2 G6E to Turbo

Bolly

• Member For: 4y 26d

Hi all..

I txted Tiperformance about a convertion cable to connect my NA loom connecter to a 2 bar Turbo Map Sensor.. 

Tiperformance replied that I didn't need one, and that my loom connector should fit... 

So basically, I unplugged my standard 1 bar na map sensor and replaced it with a FG Turbo 2 bar Map Sensor and the NA loom connector won't mount the 2 bar Map Sensor.. 

Any help would be appreciated.. 

Cheers

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

of course they were wrong... the N/A MAP sensor is pinned and shaped differently to the Turbo MAP sensors. You'll need to re-pin/re-wire to match up the relevant wiring for the N/A loom to the turbo sensor and modify the plug so that it fits together properly and probably use some sort of adhesive to keep it together and hope you don't have to remove it again at any stage :)

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

Thanks for the reply.. I ordered a plug with Tiperformance last night and when Tiperformance said that I didn't need one for a FG, I was confused..

I sent a reply to Tiperformance today explaining it is different but no reply as yet.. Probably closed for the weekend.. 

Is there anywhere I can order in the correct plug? 

Cheers

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

the plug should be modify-able to make it work, is what I'm saying, not buy a different one from a wrecker (as I knew you'd have trouble getting stuff you want from a wrecker at a reasonable price, in this case).

I did look at that,  the na plug has a oval shape where the 2 bar plug is rectangular, plus the pins are also off set to one side and the na plug pins are in the middle.. 

I'll see if Tiperformance sells the rectangular plug on Monday.. 

Hey, thanks for your input 👍😊