MerkPerk

Aeroflow XR6 Bolt-on Turbos?

Hey everyone, long time lurker here just after some advice. I've recently done the bolt-on and tune thing with my MKii FG and starting to research into getting my orange taxi into the 380-400 rwkw mark. After going down the Garrett Gen II 3576/3582 rabbit hole, I've stumbled on some new turbo offerings from Aeroflow and their Boosted range that looks like it was released in 2019.

They have a bolt-on BA/BF/FG turbos which are GTX3576/3582 equivalents and known as the Aeroflow Boosted 5862 (GTX3576) and the Boosted 6662 (GTX3582) that both come with exhaust housings and a 36mm flapper.

I've done my best to find some/any information on them and its sparse out there. I've found a Skyline and 2JZ Soarer with a 6662 bolted to them and that's about it other than PR posts from Aeroflow on FB etc.

Has anyone heard of these? Anyone using one? As much as I want to spend $3k on a Gen II Garrett id prefer spend $2k on one of these and spend the extra on fuel system and supporting mods if these turbos check out.

Have provided some links here: Boosted 5862 & Boosted 6662.

AF8005-3014.jpgAF8005-3014_3.jpg

A ball bearing garrett gt3582r with a .70 compressor housing got me 382 rwkw at 15psi and 414rwkw at 18psi with supporting mods. Hardly any more lag over stock turbo. I didnt want to push it further because I dont want to smash my zf6spd or driveshaft or engine for that matter, and it is plenty fast enough with 382rwkw on the road. You dont need a big dollar turbo for this level. 

Well if their fittings are anything to go by I would not touch them.

Speedflow for fittings
Garret for turbos.

just one (obvious) aero-turbski in the first few hundred photos haha. not the best advocacy.

Aeroflow FB page which is an open page has results and seeing 500rwkw on 22 psi with a BF turbo and all the usual mods

Pretty much bang on with GTX G2 82

Rear housing looks like a bit average quality but only time and kms will tell 

so far not bad for cheap coin, just bought a GTX G2 today and currently horrendous costs due to the US dollar / Covid -19 

around 20% gain over February price point so making the Aeroflow more appealing, if anyone’s interested I can get better than RRP on the full Aeroflow range, just buzz me a PM ;)  

On 03/06/2020 at 3:26 PM, k31th said:

just one (obvious) aero-turbski in the first few hundred photos haha. not the best advocacy.

Yeh I had it in my mind that there were more. I saw 3 last month if you include the 29th of April 😂

Still, it would be higher on my list than a power spirit ebay turbo

I've just ordered one of the Aeroflow units through Aaron so will let you know how it goes.... 

Very well priced at the moment to I might add.

I ordered an Aeroflow gtx4202 aka G1450 from sparesbox. It had $500 off so was only $2068 posted. After a week and a half they said they couldn't supply it for another 5 weeks and offered me a refund which I took.

I was ok to lose the money if it sharted the bed but given the opportunity to get my money back, decided to go another route. Would be a killer deal if they go the distance but be mindful they they may not. Poor man pays twice and all...

Looks like there are a few willing to give them a go. Another couple from maxx today.  If they were out when I was fu<king around I would have got one. $1500 for a gtx3576 equivalent is pretty freakin good.

Edited by finnas
Stupid filter

Keeping an eye on this one. I'm considering couple of turbo upgrade options and having another option certainly doesn't hurt.

According to someone on Forced Ford Forums on Facebook he says:
"Have tuned a few fgs with them. They're laggier than a garrett gt3582 or gtx3582, don't make as much power for the same boost, don't take as much timing before reaching knock threshold."

Facebook mechanic so take it as you will.....