Aeroflow XR6 Bolt-on Turbos?

MerkPerk

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

I ordered an Aeroflow gtx4202 aka G1450 from sparesbox. It had $500 off so was only $2068 posted. After a week and a half they said they couldn't supply it for another 5 weeks and offered me a refund which I took.

I was ok to lose the money if it sharted the bed but given the opportunity to get my money back, decided to go another route. Would be a killer deal if they go the distance but be mindful they they may not. Poor man pays twice and all...

• Like 4

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 16d

Looks like there are a few willing to give them a go. Another couple from maxx today.  If they were out when I was fu<king around I would have got one. $1500 for a gtx3576 equivalent is pretty freakin good.

Edited by finnas
Stupid filter

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 9m 10d

Keeping an eye on this one. I'm considering couple of turbo upgrade options and having another option certainly doesn't hurt.

According to someone on Forced Ford Forums on Facebook he says:
"Have tuned a few fgs with them. They're laggier than a garrett gt3582 or gtx3582, don't make as much power for the same boost, don't take as much timing before reaching knock threshold."

Facebook mechanic so take it as you will.....

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 3y 6m 9d

Ive just a received my g42-1450 copy from pulsar turbos, literally half the price of Aeroflow and im 99.9% certain Aeroflow and VSR turbos are also built by pulsar, just with their own custom compressor housings and other specifics, sorry guys they are all chinesium.

I'm VERY impressed with the build quality externally, appears to be double balanced,  I havn't fully stripped it to look inside so time will tell, for the price im not concerned if it goes bang. once in my forged bottom end ute and tuned, albeit a mild tune as clutch and fuel system aren't strong enough to handle much more than 650ishHP ill post dyno stats.

Edited by Obliviate

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

I’d hold the phone but a Genuine Garrett G42 1450 1.28 is over $5500rrp 

So something to be mindful about regarding price vs quality vs longevity 

Aeroflow have come out swinging and so far so good, potential for another company to be the parent and delivering the same over at a lesser cost is interesting and welcomed but none of them have the time / kms on them yet to know 

Fingers and toes hey as it’s really a buyers market ! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 3y 11m 18d

So I finally got my engine back in and tuned with an Aeroflow 6662 (GTX 3582 G2 equiv.)

Stopped at 407rwkw and 790nm, 16psi on 98, fuel pump would have run out of puff otherwise, it's only a 320lph item.

More in it otherwise I think.

Took it back to 380ish and 750nm to help the standard driveline live a little longer...

It was on a hub dyno so probably have to drop a few points off for that I guess but it still goes really farkin good!

Pretty happy with how the turbo has performed so far, will just have to see how it goes from here... 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 3y 6m 9d

Nearly there boys and girls, primed the engine and got instant oil pressure and no leaks so far hahaha.
should have the pulsar g42 copy dyno results just after the new year if Rob at Monsta Torque can fit me in, build took a bit longer as I decided to go all out on the fuel system rather than do it by halves (all braided -8AN lines fuel rail and twin 525 surge with 860 lift pump. piping is just dummy placeholder at mo, will be getting everything welded in as well as a general tidy up of pipes and cables. the ceramic plate clutch I have claims it can grip 960NM? where would this measurement be taken from and would anyone happen to know how that translates to KW/HP?

RmrJvi1.jpg