Aeroflow XR6 Bolt-on Turbos?

MerkPerk

• Member For: 3y 11m 26d

Hey everyone, long time lurker here just after some advice. I've recently done the bolt-on and tune thing with my MKii FG and starting to research into getting my orange taxi into the 380-400 rwkw mark. After going down the Garrett Gen II 3576/3582 rabbit hole, I've stumbled on some new turbo offerings from Aeroflow and their Boosted range that looks like it was released in 2019.

They have a bolt-on BA/BF/FG turbos which are GTX3576/3582 equivalents and known as the Aeroflow Boosted 5862 (GTX3576) and the Boosted 6662 (GTX3582) that both come with exhaust housings and a 36mm flapper.

I've done my best to find some/any information on them and its sparse out there. I've found a Skyline and 2JZ Soarer with a 6662 bolted to them and that's about it other than PR posts from Aeroflow on FB etc.

Has anyone heard of these? Anyone using one? As much as I want to spend $3k on a Gen II Garrett id prefer spend $2k on one of these and spend the extra on fuel system and supporting mods if these turbos check out.

Have provided some links here: Boosted 5862 & Boosted 6662.

AF8005-3014.jpgAF8005-3014_3.jpg

• Member For: 5y 3m 25d

A ball bearing garrett gt3582r with a .70 compressor housing got me 382 rwkw at 15psi and 414rwkw at 18psi with supporting mods. Hardly any more lag over stock turbo. I didnt want to push it further because I dont want to smash my zf6spd or driveshaft or engine for that matter, and it is plenty fast enough with 382rwkw on the road. You dont need a big dollar turbo for this level. 

• 1 month later...
  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

Aeroflow FB page which is an open page has results and seeing 500rwkw on 22 psi with a BF turbo and all the usual mods

Pretty much bang on with GTX G2 82

Rear housing looks like a bit average quality but only time and kms will tell 

so far not bad for cheap coin, just bought a GTX G2 today and currently horrendous costs due to the US dollar / Covid -19 

around 20% gain over February price point so making the Aeroflow more appealing, if anyone’s interested I can get better than RRP on the full Aeroflow range, just buzz me a PM ;)