Surging Randomly

• Member For: 5y 11m 6d

Hey all, over the last few months in the cold I felt the car surging when WOT in 3/4th gear and afr was around 12-12.5. Now regardless of the weather it’s doing it. Cars making 440 RWKW on the hub with a walbro 460 intank pump no surge tank. I did have a issue a awhile ago were the car was breaking down up top but found it was blowing the spark out cause the spark plug gap was to big, so we re gapped the plug and that fixed that issue but this time around it doesn’t feel like it did before at all because before the aft was never that high. so I’m convinced it’s not that issue. Have not pulled the plugs out again to check them though.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

440rwkw on a single 460 intank without wiring upgrades is pushing the friendship a bit, Buzz in a new Petrol filter ( Genuine turbo ford ) re gapped plugs aren’t a brilliant idea. Grab some new YE07’s from Ford and see how it goes

Honestly I would be having it on the Dyno in itself current state to ascertain the exact issue first but I understand not everyone can access a Dyno for troubleshooting 

I have done the Wiring upgrade, I put a brand new fuel filter in when it got tuned last year, do you think I should still get another one ? yeah I was going to take it to my tuner and take a look but im putting a new turbo and surge tank on in the coming months so not really going to bother taking it now. was just hoping it might have been something small I can sort out in the mean time.

I changed the filter when I converted to E85, Haven't changed it since.

Has one of these filters,

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AEROFLOW-FORD-FALCON-FUEL-FILTER-AF66-2056-SERVICABLE-40-MICRON-ELEMENT-Z373-/132217367911

Edited by BoostedG6E

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 7d

When first converting from 98 to E85 you gotta change/clean your filter regularly for the first 2000 Kay's or so. As that unit is serviceable I'd be ripping it straight out and giving it a clean.

Easy job, other then E85 smells terrible on your hands/arms.