Is a GTX3582 the best option?

3Katz

• Member For: 6y 10m 27d

9.0 comp and caltex 98 I think that would be the issue cant get enough timing into it. I would run it up again with BP98 and a bottle of Nulon Pro Strength Octane Booster or use NF Octane Booster Racing Formula but you would have to use it all the time though. What size is the convertor that can read lower numbers as well?

Edited by adams355

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d

9.0 comp should be fine. Hot tip for everyone that thinks BP is better... all the fuel in Australia arrives in the same ships and is divided up to the respective brands on arrival. Their additive packages are all pretty much the same at their distribution centres. The variances you get are mainly from individual service stations - some have newer, cleaner tanks etc

• Member For: 6y 10m 27d

You better call all the tuners then because they don't agree. Real dyno in Brisbane won't even tune your car unless it has BP98. The additive packs are different always have been and not all the 98 gets an additive pack. If you go back and have a look at some of the old additive packs you will see they contain things like toluene etc.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

They can go :fuck: themselves if they won't tune the car on the fuel that you use daily... you can always make a "little less timing" or whatever the tuner needs to do to take care of their own worries over the "quality of the fuel" (in their mind).

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d
1 hour ago, adams355 said:

You better call all the tuners then because they don't agree. Real dyno in Brisbane won't even tune your car unless it has BP98. The additive packs are different always have been and not all the 98 gets an additive pack. If you go back and have a look at some of the old additive packs you will see they contain things like toluene etc.

Don't know what to tell you man, but supply chains are a fact, irrespective of the opinion of tuners. The additive packs have to comply with Australian Standards, they have very little room to move 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Here's some facts lol. I've personally dyno tuned my territory and my supercharged vx and have seen the difference between bp98 and others.

That's just my 2c though :happyfriends:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 1m 24d

Thanks for everyone's input. I have great respect for the tuner and my engine builder, I know things can be overlooked but I feel this is something I have not done properly or missed, or a poor ancillary part I've used. The engine does run warmer it used to sit halfway between 1/4 and 1/2 mark and now it sits a couple needle thicknesses below the 1/2 mark at cruise. I put it down to being a new engine but have a decent gauge on the way to monitor actual temp of coolant. Oil temps I'm not sure, I might try to get an OBD reader to check. I removed the I/c inlet pipe and used a bore scope to visually check for any possible blockage - all good. I can't really check my muffler without cutting it off to see if it's collapsed so I think I will buy a new one and have it installed. One thing I noticed was the PCM was too hot to hold your hand on when I got home after a long drive - temp gun said 70deg. The Plazmaman piping (which runs right by) was quite hot too, I think it's from the the thermo fans blowing straight onto it, not sure if this is normal? Aaron @JETURBO have you had a chance to look at the mods list? Thoughts?

Edit: convertor is stock stall speed but a stronger built unit, not much more info on that unfortunately. 

Edited by 3Katz
Edit

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 12d
On 16/12/2020 at 1:25 PM, Tom Tucker said:

Dyno sheet attached.

This was the initial run on e85 and 98 respectively, it's since been turned down to about 440kw I think. Nobody was expecting it to make this on such relatively low boost. I'm waiting on the direct comparison graph between GT3582R and the G35-900, apparently they used the rolling dyno for the last round of tuning, and they used the hub dyno this time, so they're hopefully going to throw it on the rolling dyno this afternoon for direct comparisons sake. Will see how it goes.

I think there is a lot more response to be had, but the tuner was very careful, noting the stock bottom end. I haven't driven it yet, so I can't comment on transient response, but it looks like it's lost about 500rpm of spool all up.

Going off what I saw with this turbo on a 2.5L WRX I was expecting good results but those numbers on relatively low boost is awesome.

When my Precision needs replacing I might try one.

May even try the 1050, God help my stock motor...lol

• Haha 1