Is a GTX3582 the best option?

3Katz

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

I suppose the question is do you find it good value for money knowing what your previously somewhat bolt on hot side/turbo cost vs all this associated costs for these results are ? 

From my calculations there is probably ~$6000 plus in going from your previous target (446 rwkw) to this 540rwkw 

Due to the complexity of a non direct bolt on G series vs GTX series it might be worth the effort/money 

Time will tell especially how it drives 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 9m 18d

Its a fair question. I think for most people probably not, but this is just an interim step for me. I wanted to get the turbo setup and everything working together on the stock motor before building it. I guess most people would do it the other way around. But now I know the setup is capable of 600kw easily, I can build the motor to handle that all day, noting I'm way more interested in response and midrange.

That 500+kw was never a goal, just part of the test and evaluation process of an ongoing build that seeks to optimise everything that I can, within reason :)

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

A good way to go about it mate and your finished combo should be very responsive and snappy ! 

Bring on the build ;) 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 19d

I don't mind either way but there is a noticeable difference between the supercharged stuff and the turbo stuff in low down response.

Edit: Great results though mate :launch:

Edited by Puffwagon

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 27d

Amazing power for 20psi!

In a manual the lag would not be great on the street. Is it deliberately ramped in slowly? I think peak boost at or under 3000rpm is perfect for a street barra, if you have the driveline and tyres to handle it.

Guessing with a built engine would go to about 28psi?