Is a GTX3582 the best option?

3Katz

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 7d

For the G35-900, this link: https://www.full-race.com/store/garrett-turbos/garrett-g-series-turbos/garrett-g35/  says that it's a 62min/68max millimetre turbine wheel.

For the GT3582R, this post: https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/58603-turbos-on-the-fg-falcon/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-951377 says it's also a 62min/68max size turbine wheel...

That makes me think it'll fit... but of course there's always a risk it'll be weirdly shaped in reality.

• Member For: 3y 11m 20d

Im buying the turbo complete with rear housing 1.01 and it’s going on a 6 boost manifold. They’re v-band to dump and manifold. 
g35-900 comes with 62mm 1050 is a 67mm wheel. 

car was making 400rwkw on 98 before I got the motor built. I’m happy to keep it around there. Thinking of runnin 3 boost settings. Low mid and high. Happy to go up to 500-550 on e85.

• Like 3

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2m 5d

Keen to see how this setup goes on a barra

I would imagine you'll smash out 550+ without any issues when the wick is turned up, interested in how responsive it is

May well become the 'next' gtx

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 9d
I'm also curious.

Autotech recently tuned a Subaru that made 450rwks with a GTX3584RS, customer wasn't happy with the slow spool (Circuit car), so they tried a G35 (900 I think)

It made just under the 446rwkws but came on a hell of a lot earlier.

Customer was very happy.

I'd love to see a G35-900 on a falcon
This makes me pretty interested! I also track my falcon and the gtx 3576 gen 1, I dont think I need more power but had thought the gen 2 if ever but something that spools better than the 3582 and has a bit more power than what I have could be something to look at in the future

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 9d

I feel like quiet probably means more efficient as there are less blades inefficiently cutting through the air having friction that make noise.

Looking forward to seeing the results, especially spool comparisons.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 3y 11m 20d

Just an update 

car has been dropped off at the tuners to get finished off. Hoping to have the car back within 2 weeks but it’ll be on a run in tune for 500km

search motive DVD on YouTube, they uploaded a comparison video for Garrett turbo’s. 

• Like 1