Is a GTX3582 the best option?

3Katz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 1m 23d

The current setup in my RTV is a stock BA Turbo with FG cams and Atomic springs. I am using a Typhoon cooler, the turbo is a Hypergear ATR45 and we're at 260kw through a BTR. It is a good combo and fun to drive but I would like to do more racing at Willowbank.

I am in the process of having a forged bottom end built with ARP gear to hold it all together, I have a PW stage 2 kit ordered along with the hot side piping. I would like to use the factory intake and exhaust manifolds and keep it internal gate with a 4" dump. It would be great if the current turbo were up to the task of maximising the new setup but I'm not sure it will be. I realise I may have to get my auto built, if I do it won't be with a high stall convertor as this is still my daily driver. What would you guys recommend? I have done lots of reading and am leaning towards a GTX3582 but have no experience in selecting a turbo...

I should have mentioned I will have a good fuel system but can only run 98, e85 is not an option where I live. 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 1m 23d

Unless this project takes a different turn I think the GTX3582 will be fine for my purposes, just spreading out my cost timeline at the moment. Strange times we're living in... 

• Like 1

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 12d
5 hours ago, Tom Tucker said:

I want to see what a G35-900 does. If it does what it claims I.e. 900hp flow with a 62mm inducer that has better response than a standard GT3582, then it'd be spot on

I'm also curious.

Autotech recently tuned a Subaru that made 450rwks with a GTX3584RS, customer wasn't happy with the slow spool (Circuit car), so they tried a G35 (900 I think)

It made just under the 446rwkws but came on a hell of a lot earlier.

Customer was very happy.

I'd love to see a G35-900 on a falcon

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 3y 11m

I’m going ahead with the g35-900 engine builder and tuner said it’ll be great for my power level. I’m looking forward to trying the g series turbo

was originally going to put a gen 2 gtx3582r but have heard really good things about the g series turbos. 

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

are you going to use the stock exhaust housing? it'll spool the same as a stock GT3582R, roughly, then.

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 12d

I don't think it fits, completely different turbo.

Will probably need a custom exhaust manifold aswell

1 hour ago, TUF6 said:

I’m going ahead with the g35-900 engine builder and tuner said it’ll be great for my power level. I’m looking forward to trying the g series turbo

was originally going to put a gen 2 gtx3582r but have heard really good things about the g series turbos. 

How much power are you chasing?