Dual Zone Display and Head unit into Single Zone ICC

biddie_fiddler

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 28d

So I have been trying to sell my Display and Head unit module taken out of a xr50th turbskie - you know, the colour screen with the wee man that walks on startup (best feature hands down).

Many people asking me if it would work in their single zone ICC. I have been looking around the interwebs for some insight into this and have not found anything that helps me whatsoever.

So, is there anyone here that knows if a screen and head unit module from a dual zone ICC will work in a single zone ICC?

Also, its still for sale so hmu if you're interested in the colour screen 🤙

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

nope... the dual zone has other mechanical bits (mixer shafts) etc that are required and possibly a different HIM to allow it to function over the standard single-zone.

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

The ICC would remain the same if it was installed into a single zone, just the display and head unit module that they would change out. As far as I know. The head unit module and display are identical on both the dual zone and single zone ICCs. Just that the the single zone has less electronic controls compared to the dual zone. 

What mechanical bits are you talking about @k31th? Are these behind the ICC? When I removed the ICC to install the kayhan units there were no mechanic connections to disconnect. It was purely all electrical connections.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

The electrical connections are to the solenoids and they take signals from the ICC. The mixer shaft etc is the part that is inside the dash and is a dash-out job to change those bits about as it's the bits that specifically moves the air to where you want it based on the outputs of the ICC.

• Like 1

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Will the ICC still function with these parts changed though is my question. Sure the dual zone feature won't be applicable anymore because there is no solenoids and actuators for the feature installed in a car fitted with only single zone climate control. But from a functionality standpoint, everything else (at least I believe) should still function correctly?