Wheels

ALADE

• Member For: 4y 2m 28d

Sorry if this has been here before

I want to know if anyone has had there alloys cut and widened , I have the FG limited edition ute and I think the factory wheels look great , so I would like to keep them , but of course I want to go wider on the back something like a 285 or 95

Has anyone here had this done 

Thanks  

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2m 11d

There's guys out there that do this but way better use of your coin to change rims imho.

Not only that, all widening is done to the inside, whereas FG utes are begging for a lower offset, factory offset / wheels are tucked ridiculously far inside the guard

• Like 2

• Member For: 4y 2m 28d

Yeh I think you’re right mate , buying new wheels is going to be the best option 

so if I go to 20 inch what’s the best set up for the Ute 

what set up are you running, I obviously don’t want Tyres scrubbing, a set up that fills the guards would be good 

thanks 

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2m 11d

I'm running 19x10.5 +22 with 285/30/19 on the rear, compared to factory 17x8 +38 (iirc) this which bumps the wheel outer edge 48mm according to willtheyfit.com

https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=245&aspect=45&diameter=17&wheelwidth=8&offset=38&width2=285&aspect2=30&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=10-5&offset2=22

See posts with pics below, as  mentioned in one of them I took a grinder to the guard inner edge return as there would've been 10mm interference otherwise.

Based on that just for reference, you should be able to get away with a) 20x10.5 +35~40 or b) 20x9.5 +25~30 without interference but best do your measurements first and compare on willtheyfit.com

• Like 1