XR6T Ex NSW Police

Scuderia

• Member For: 4y 23d

Hey everyone,

I'm looking at a 2016 FGX XR6 Turbo Ex NSW Police car and was wondering if there is any police upgrades to the FGX series such as factory fitted transmission cooler, suspension, OPT 20 package etc or any other upgrades it may have. I am aware of the F6 rims and brembo brake package which is one of the reasons why I like it and the dual battery system. Has anyone bought an FGX or MKII (anything recent) ex police car or had experience on them? 

Edited by Scuderia

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

the things you are aware of are, other than a bunch of holes drilled to mount a bunch of in-car and out-of-car police equipment, are all that are different to an OEM vehicle... they will be serviced extremely well but also have been flogged to within an inch of their lives, too, so beware of potential mechanical concerns earlier than most of these cars.

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

• Member For: 5y 6m 24d

I've got a 2015 ex hwp NSW XR6T.

They don't do anything to them performance wise.

Expect:
holes in boot sill at the corners by the hinges for aerials I assume.
Holes in roof under black plastic trim for lights perhaps?
Center arm rest and interior surfaces from getting in and out of the car while wearing police belts get scratched and scuffed.
Diff bushes gone if around the 70-80km mark (although not sure how a 4 year old ex hwp car would have that few one. Mine had 77kms after only 18 months).
Service history is good.
Headlight wiring can be hacked up a bit. Mine is pretty ugly where they had wired in their lighting systems.
Engine bay fuse box had some holes in the top.
Best to get trans fluid changed.

How many km's is the one you're looking at?

• Member For: 4y 23d

Yes that would be great, cheers. And possibly any other photos that the police modifications may been. And yes I did go to have a look at it. It only had 1 or 2 stamps. My assumption for the service history not being stamped is that they bulk service a bunch of police cars at once but don't stamp the books. What do you guys think? I'm thinking $28k might be a bit much for a car with 100k km but still really want it. What do you think about the pricing as well?

Edited by Scuderia

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 8y 1m 14d

I have a 2013 FGII XR6T which I have had for 5 years as a daily driver. Yes they are serviced well, yes the centre console is scratched from belts, etc, the right side seat bolster will lose its shape but you get FPV suspension and Brembo fronts. May car was a Coffs Harbour cruiser. I changed ZF oil and filter and had diff bushes changed under warranty. Cpos get brand new tyres but no wheel alignment? Mine was way out. But overall a reliable car. People freak out when POLICE comes up on the dash when I start the car. 

• 4 weeks later...