Raceworks Fuel rail

• Member For: 5y 11m 6d

Hey All, Just onto the next stage of mods and have decided to throw a Raceworks fuel rail in the mix. I'm also putting on a surge tank with duel pierburg pumps (one staged). My question is whats the best way to plumb this up,

First Option: Run both pumps into one line then at the rail a Y Block to and run each line to either side of the rail and Center hole as return to the reg

Second Option: Run both pumps individually to each side of the rail and center return to reg

if there is a more preferred option please share!

Will I run into any issues with the second option because the second pump wont always be on so ill only be getting feed at one end of the rail till it comes on boost?

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 7d

Second option is best. Jaming 2 pump flows through 1 small inlet is just creating heat.

Your not going to run out of fuel with 1 pump, up to the 3psi or so when the second pump turns on.

Will the staged pump need a check valve?

• Member For: 5y 11m 6d

So even though it will need to go past the center return to get to the back three injectors you still think that wont cause any issues, are you running your setup like this? I was going to also ask that question if it needs to be setup with a check valve

Edited by BoostedG6E

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 7d

The reg will keep pressure in the rail. Long as the second pump comes on early enough it will be fine.

I still use a stock rail, and just jam 2 pumps into the inlet. Would not recommend this setup.

The staged pump will either need a check valve, or often new pumps come with a check valve built in.