Problem with new kings leafs

Lithfkn

• Member For: 4y 8m 9d

Just installed some brand new kings leafs in my ute. FOR303SL. I noticed that the back has a nice arch but at the diff they pull upwards then they curve the other way. I'm getting a bit of knocking from them. I took it to a suspension workshop in Geelong and he said the front camber is pretty off making the ends open up and clap. I gave a springworks mob a call in Melbourne and sent the bloke some pics and he said they look fully loaded like theres 400kg in the back and suggested a rebound leaf to pull the camber in better. Already paid for heavy duty performance leafs, don't really want to pay extra to "fix" them. I got straight onto Kings and they can't see any issue with it so I'm kind of stumped at the moment.

Has anyone seen this before?

87806313_500342570880755_5423131204658397184_n.jpg

87825074_207820573750283_261304663532371968_n.jpg

87799451_280432902935648_7847906264934776832_n.jpg

87383000_10156505835177396_6213809240465735680_o.jpg

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 17d

My kings SL leaves look pretty much the same, and I've had a rebound leaf fitted to get rid of axle tramp (which works great)

I've got periodic creaking also, worst after it's been sitting around for a while and/or I tighten the axle U-bolts which I do a lot.

Looks like you've got poly bushes, which I believe contribute a bit towards the sound.

Give it a couple hundred km and see how it is then... unfortunately the arse end of these utes is still 70's spec so there's no magic fix for these leaf setups

Is yours auto or manual?

Thanks mate.

The springworks joint suggested a rebound but that's an extra 600 odd to reset the leafs and put a rebound in, almost double what I paid for the HD leafs!

I had poly bushes in the standard leafs and they never creaked. Only carried on a little when the ubolts weren't FT.

It's a manual.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 17d

Then I wouldn't bother if it's not tramping

Interesting RE the bushes, I only swapped from std rubber to poly when I got the kings so was only surmising...

The old springs tramped like crazy.

Haven't put these to the test yet as I'm just a bit worried about how they sit. Had quite a few people say that's how theirs are but a couple mobs say they look way over loaded.

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

yer ive got the same king leafs, and took a photo and sent to Jeturbo years ago as I was worried the same as you.

kings said its normal. 

does look funky but oh well.