Did I buy a lemon?

SuperTrev

• Member For: 4y 1m 15d

I have an engine hoist. Changing the engine mounts doesn't sound too hard but I'm unsure of how to do the gearbox mounts.  I've never done that on any car before.  I suppose it's just a matter of taking the weight.  I better see what lessons I can learn from YouTube🤓

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 4y 1m 15d

Latest update after replacing mounts = still the same problems. I was about to change my uni joint because it makes a bit of a thud sometimes when I put it in 1st or reverse but when I checked it out underneath, they felt fine and had no movement in them. Out of curiosity, I pulled my right side axle off because there was a bit of play at the end closest to the diff. I found a shiny spot near the end as though a bearing was rubbing on it. I'm not sure if it was caused before the new diff centre went in but I would have a guess and say yes. I don't know why the guy who did my diff never mentioned it to me though? The question is should I replace my axles? Could that be the cause of the shudder when I lose traction? Has anybody experienced this?

• Member For: 5y 6m 24d
Hmmmm mine have done that for years! Mine is more of a constant ticking.

I thought it was a stick stuck in the abs sensor or something.

Have never found out what it was.

Did yours let go or did you replace before they did?