Best mods for 2008 g6e turbo for 10s

Drags

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

yeah, the approximation for a 10sec pass is around the 400rwkw mark, generally.

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

you can confirm this by going through the 400kw+ section of this forum and seeing what 1/4 times those people have got. :)

• Member For: 4y 1m 8d

Thanks heaps what do you think I should do from here to hit 650rwkw iv got valve springs 1000cc injectors Garrett gt3582r flapper mod and 12 psi actuator, steel piping ebay intercooler, delete muffler walbro460 pump and tuned on e85 I think that's it so far my next thing head studs and timing belt

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

you'll need a bigger turbo for 650rwkw as well as much bigger injectors and actuator (and a better intercooler if yours isn't up to repeated high power attempts), plus surge tank with a super powerful pump leaving (or twins/triples etc) the 460 as a lift pump... you should already have done head studs for 400rwkw if you haven't already.

• Member For: 4y 1m 8d

Yer your right that's why iv been putting off driving it till I do get the head studs donewhat turbo do you recommend and whats the max power the zf transmission can handle with with the tune 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

you're already near the limit on a stock ZF... 450 is about when you start breaking shafts or burning out clutches... even 400 can push it. If you want to build one, it's not a cheap endeavour, but can be pushed fairly hard with how some ZF builders are doing them these days.

turbo for 650 will be around the 80+mm mark, so the turbo choices are fairly broad, but not cheap and you'll have to usually go a big external gate and custom dump pipe and intake arrangement.