SUPERCHARGER BOOST SENSOR A CIRCUIT

doogsy65

• Member For: 4y 1m 14d

ute has just thrown P0236 code coming up as a supercharger boost sensor A circuit , can anyone tell me where this sensor is located on a 2014 5.0l ute.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

interesting situation you've got there, as that code is usually a disagreement between the Boost Pressure Sensor (BPS) and the Manifold Air Pressure/Temperature (T-MAP) sensor details but the T-MAP will just take over in circumstances like that... but I don't even know if the supercharged 5L's bothered with a BPS as the supercharger can't overboost like a turbocharger does and since the supercharger is right in the valley of the V8, I doubt there'd be any point also having a BPS here before the T-MAP in the manifold mere millimetres away.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

turns out there is one, it's called the "SCIP"... not sure what that stands for, though (my guess is SuperCharger Internal Pressure, or something similar)... the connector front looks like this, though...

image.png

it's connected like so:

image.png

• Like 1

• Member For: 4y 1m 14d

thanks for the info, ute in getting checked at this moment ,mech has come back with a intermittent problem ,sensor tests ok then tests faulty.

I would of changed the sensor but he has started to test wiring resistances, wiring tests have come back good , now they are going to change sensor.

luckily ute is under warranty , will let you know the outcome after sensor is changed.