Differences in Barras

Fordy2377

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 3y 10m 10d

Hi, well I’m looking for information about turning my 2013 FG Ute and It was sold as a F6 model LPI Barra into a turbo engine or would it be simpler to just put in a Sneaky nitro setup as I only need the extra power for 10 seconds less lol , I’m interested in what people know about what I’m looking to do!

• 2 years later...
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 13d

yeah, I don't think "black top" are any better than the equivalent year of 06/06 onwards for the "bigger conrods" in the XR6T... probably the same throughout the turbo territory lifetime as the equivalent XR6T motor.

• Member For: 5y 4m 19d

Thanks @Puffwagon also a zf questoon. My tuner said he increased the line pressure about 10 percent. Since the tune, when the trans is cold and im just taking off slowly the shifts are pretty erratic and uoshifts 2 gears quickly sometimes and I can feel it slipping a bit when taking off, I drive it really quietly while its warming up. Once warm its 100 percent fine. Should I leave it or get it put back to stock? What else should be tuned into a stock zf coping big power? I have a big b&m external trans cooler.