JK Wrangler with Barra Turbo

• Member For: 4y 2m 19d

LS swaps are available for the Jeep but not cheap plus I like being different so thought a turbo Barra might actually be a better option if it will fit. Still at the initial planning phase but here are my thoughts so far:

• Territory Turbo engine and box given it already has a transfer case and should be easier to adapt to (will probably buy a wreck so I can get everything that I need)
  • Haltech plug and play as it can control the engine and box

My old man is a retired mechanic and has a nice back shed in his back yard with both 2 and 4 post hoists, a couple of engines cranes and stands, TIG, MIG, stick and oxy welding equipment, lathe and milling machine so fitting shouldn't be a problem. We're both lacking in knowledge on the wiring side so will have to get some more info on what is needed there. I'd like to retain the factory gauges in the Jeep so am trying to track down the wiring diagrams for it as well.

If you're wondering why the Jeep with a Barra well I need a bigger car and would like to do some off roading with some mates but I don't want to give up the performance that my current car has (Mk6 Golf R that runs mid 12s). My brother has an FGII XR6T ute and I like the grunt that it has and figure it should get a Jeep moving. 300-350kw should be enough to embarrass most people 😈

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

love this plan :icon_ford:  Barra FTW

sounds like you've got everything sorted, with regard to having the right plan and equipment...

:Welcome2FordXR6t: