FG F6 Brembo brakes...

MCW

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 19d
I can do multiple laps of eastern creek with 250kmh, 200 and 170 kmh stops each lap with no fade. Engine overheats but hopefully working on that.

6 pot brembos up front dba t3, always fresh high temp brake fluid, braided lines and winmax circuit pads.

Brake ducting from ppl who have done it is a massive pita, I would make sure everything else is tip top, u could remove fog lights and the lower parts of the inner guard IF everything else doesnt help.

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 5y 3m 24d

Hi Guys, I'm looking at brembo 4 pot calipers and 355mm dba rotors for the front of my fgx. I have found 2 sets of brembo calipers on trade me here in NZ, hoping someone can tell me if I can get them to fit. The first set model numbers are 20.8653.01 1A and 20.8534.01 1A the bolt centre spacings are 13.5 cm. The second set model numbers are 20.8534.01 1A and 20.8535.03 1A 05 the bolt spacings are 14.8cm. are these the right ones and will I have to go to ford to order adapter brackets? I'm trying to do this cheaper than just buying a full genuine set off ford and spending squillions of $. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

• Member For: 12y 6m 26d

I don't think you will get brackets separately.

Googling those parts number looks like they're of a range rover or similar with an integrated bracket part of the casting.

The falcons use an adapter to the knuckle that screws into the caliper, the caliper cast has no mountings integrated.

• Member For: 12y 6m 26d

Maybe see what your local friendly NZ ford dealer can do them for, here they are a trade club special with everyone like MR. FPV, Intune Motorsport and Mackielec Industries all reselling them.

I have had 6 pots and 4 pot fronts on the same car, and I haven't found any difference tbh.

Here is a comparison between the two. (BA/BF) but same idea:

B33ecHh.jpg

The 6pots look a million times better though.

Edited by joncitizen
yeahnahyeah

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 19d

6 pots are a bigger pad and better heat dissipation with it being spread out more over the rotor. Theres also better clamping force from the extra pistons.

If u track or want to seriously track your car 6 pots, otherwise on the street you probably wont notice the difference much beyond the look lol

Buy what you can afford ultimately.