FG F6 Brembo brakes...

MCW

• Member For: 4y 3m 21d

Hi guys.

New member here so sorry if my first post has already been answered somewhere else on the forum already but couldn't find anything via a search. 

I've recently bought a one owner low km bog stock FG Mk 2 F6 auto with the standard Brembo brakes. I've got the chance to buy a set of genuine FPV new 6 piston front Brembos for a good price. 

Does anybody know if the standard 4 piston Brembo front calipers are the same rear calipers as on the factory 6 piston front and 4 piston rear option? 

If so I'm gathering it's just a simple change of mounts to fit the 4 piston front calipers to the rear and you're good to go? 

Thanks for any help. Greatly appreciated. 

Matt

Edited by MCW
Incorrect link

• Member For: 5y 3m 24d

My neighbor had a hsv with brembos and from memory it cost him $2500 for new rotors and pads at 100,000 kms. That's alot of cash! I put on some front slotted and dimple drilled znoelli rotors and sp500 pads for $650. They are way better than stock but I did have them fade out the other day after 2 200kmh stops, they came back fine once cooled down though. I was thinking about seeing if I could make some ducting to cool the brakes.