Arp balancer bolt

Roley94

• Member For: 11y 1m 10d

Has anyone used an arp balancer bolt? I’ve heard you can torque the arp more than the standard bolt.

My bolt keeps coming loose every few months and I’m using a powerbond balancer. Torquing the standard bolt to 125nm and using plenty of loctite it still comes loose. The balancer is still a very tight press fit so I don’t think it’s been wearing on the key. 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

yeah.. it's not unusual for aftermarket balancers to struggle... but it could be something in the engine, but surely you'd notice it in other ways if it was the engine or something generically in the drivetrain that causes vibrations like that.

• Member For: 11y 1m 10d

It’s an XFT built engine with about 30k km and it runs smooth, I’ve never noticed or felt anything weird other than the balancer bolt coming loose often. Could it be time for a proper balancer like an atomic or Ross? 

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 5y 4m 15d

So I'm going to replace my stock flexplate soon, thinking about getting a atomic ATI super damper harmonic balancer and putting that on at the same time. My car has done 32000 kms, 382rwkws, is it necessary or am I wasting money? Do you guys know if the atomic ATI pulley is heavier or lighter than stock? Thanks