How expensive is it to get 350kw in a FG-X XR6T?

Bazza0123

• Member For: 4y 2m 25d

Hey guys, I am looking to purchase a FG-X XR6T and want to spend a few thousand (including labour) on increasing power.

Is this achievable?

Will I need to travel to Sydney/Brisbane to reliably get mods installed and a decent tune? (Located Mid-North NSW). Or just stay local?

$3-4000 would probably be my limit on spending. I want the car to be reliable and be fine dealing with my lead foot on a daily basis for years.

350kw is just a ballpark figure I would probably be happy with. I dont want to go crazy, I just want to get the most bang for buck.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, the more info the better.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

3-4k won't get you 350rwkw in a small-frame turbo, unfortunately, but if you do it right you can get 300.

maxing out the stock turbocharger is around the 320rwkw mark, so you're better off aiming for 300.

have a look in the 300+ threads for any FG XR6T to compare what you'll need to get done :spoton:

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

oh, and :useless:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 9d

Engine kw maybe. 3-4k is the real bottom end, probably need 2nd hand parts to make that budget too and yeah your gonna be going to sydney, maybe newcastle if anyone has any experience with shops there. Probably good places on the gold coast if that direction is closer (and u get a holiday that way)

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 24d

4 inch dump and cat connect to stock system

cooler

intake

fuel pump

injectors

tune

get injectors and cooler to future proof yourself

300 odd kws that's what im running now and loving it, previously had 450-500.

• Member For: 5y 4m 14d

4k will get you a good intercooler, a 3582/gt35r turbo and injectors, you will still need fuel pump, valve springs, high flow cat, k and n panel in stock airbox, fuel regulator and a tune at a minimum. Maybe 6 or 7 k will get you to 350rwkw. You dont need a turbo side intake or exhaust, just a high flow cat I reckon. I did put òn a 4inch dump and it did unleash it.

@FREAKY why have you gone backwards in the power department?

• Haha 1

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 24d

haha shut up you

slowxr I was intending on selling, didnt get any interest so ive kept it, and enjoying the smaller turbo warp speed around town. 

ive surely shown some boosted F6's how the back of my ute looks that's for sure! as long as I stop around 120-140 odd kays (on private road) heheh

• 2 months later...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8d

Hey Slowxr6t, 

Who did you use for tuning?

I'm just starting the upgrades, I've installed turbo side air intake, piping kit, process west stage 2 intercooler so far and have a high flow cat to go on at tune time, upgraded fuel pump (complete module/drop in) is on it's way, kpm 1000cc injectors or whatever tuners choice is and will get valve springs done also for safety purposes to I'm thinking, standards have sweet eff all seat pressure from what I've been reading.

Not after big power but hopefully max out the stock turbo at least for 320ish rwkw, that's gota be a fun drive to start with...

Maybe a gtx3576r with bigger dump and exhaust later down the track.

I'm down Welly way but happy to travel once we are out of the zombie apocalypse.

• Member For: 5y 4m 14d

Hi @Rob70, I'm near Feilding, Keith Stewart near Rongotea, his business is Dynopro, (06)3248422, 0274458652 is his number. He's a very good tuner. You've done very similar mods to me, I kept the stock crossover air intake though just to save a bit of coin. What model xr do you have?