FG XR6 Exhaust

Nikola.

• Member For: 4y 2m 12d

Hi guys, ive recently purchased a 2009 FG XR6 in dash green, and I am wondering whether a catback exhaust system is worth it, and will I have any issues from the police as a p plater.                I was thinking of purchasing this exhaust (https://www.deaperformance.com.au/p/Store-Wide-Sale-Excluding-XForce/Falcon-FG-XR6-Sedan-2.5-Inch-Catback-Exhaust-Syste/ST219HD-246D-TIPS) , and I am wondering whether it is legal for p platers as it is illegal to have performance enhancing mods, and I don't know whether the police consider it is a performance modification, due to it not actually being an engine mod and wont do anything but make the car sound a bit better. if that's not a good exhaust could you recommend any others.

Thanks.

Edited by Nikola.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

if you want the car to sound good, then yes, a cat-back exhaust is worth it... but if you want to avoid police attention then any sound or obvious visual mods are going to cause attention to be gathered... but it really depends how often you drive at night more than anything :)

there's no worries with illegality with regard to a cat-back exhaust other than potential "too loud" problems.

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

nah, not a cat-back... and also you can change the whole engine-to-tip exhaust on an N/A without tuning it.