15 fgx xr6t tires

Slowxr6t

• Member For: 5y 3m 24d

Hi guys, my 15 fgx xr6t needs new rear tires, it has 245/35/19 dunlop sp sport max on the rear and bridgestone potenza  re003 245/35/19 on front. Car has 382 rwkw and gets traction in 3rd gear in the zf. I have been told if I go wider it will stuff up the traction control or abs or something and Ford only has 4% Lee way in its computer, also I was told a 275/30/19 would be a close match. Would they fit on my stock wheels though? What suggestions do you guys have? Thanks

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d

Stock size for stock rims.

If aftermarket, keep front and rear withing 2% of their rolling diameter and traction control will be fine.
Keep the rolling diameter the same as factory and your speedo will be fine as well.

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

Are fgx 19" stock rims still the usual 8" wide? That will limit your choices, personally I wouldn't be fitting anything wider than a 255.

Probably better off sticking with a more common 245 until you change wheels, will definitely get more tyre for your money.

What type will depend on how you drive it and how long you expect them to last, plus obviously what you can get locally - you're in kiwi aren't you?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 9m 23d
4 hours ago, Slowxr6t said:

Thanks, any suggestions on tires?

I just got a new set of 245/35-R19 Falken FK510, super happy with them on my G6ET heaps of grip Wet and Dry. the Wet grip has really surprised me.

Bang for buck best Tyre I've had so far. Yes there are higher grip more expensive Tyres I.e. Pilot Sports and RE003's etc. but for a daily its perfect for me.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

My rear tyres only just scraped through for a pink slip so I'm hunting around too, currently looking on Tyresales, Supercheap Tyres online and St George Tyres.

Rear rims are 19x10.5 so I'm after either a 285 or 295 30/19.

Some tyres are 'wider' than others, eg. currently got Kumho PS91 on the rear in a 285 and it fits perfect, whereas Nitto Invos for example are known to run a bit narrow.

Top priority for me - rear tyres at least - is dry grip closely followed by price

Best bet so far looks to be Kumho KU39s, Supercheap online has them for $237/ea fitted for 295/30/19 which is pretty good I think

If you find an unbelievably good deal make sure you check the manufacture date, I wouldn't be buying tyres older than 5 years even if they only last me 12-15 months.

• Member For: 5y 3m 24d

My wheels are 8 inch wide, so I will have to stick to 245s for now. Bridgestone do buy 1 get 1 half price, so I might go for RE003s. Has any one tried them on the rear? Comparisons with other brands?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 13d

Currently running RE003's front & rear 245/40/18 on my FG about 324rwkw they aren't a bad tyre I got a bargain through jax tyres buy 3 get the 4th free.
They took a long time to scrub in maybe 1200km's before that they were very slippery
I'm still debating whether I'll get them again ran Goodyear eagle assymetric 3's & performed well wet or dry as well as a few track days but not as much power as your running mate

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 4y 4m 11d
On 16/01/2020 at 4:43 PM, camo86T said:

My rear tyres only just scraped through for a pink slip so I'm hunting around too, currently looking on Tyresales, Supercheap Tyres online and St George Tyres.

Rear rims are 19x10.5 so I'm after either a 285 or 295 30/19.

Some tyres are 'wider' than others, eg. currently got Kumho PS91 on the rear in a 285 and it fits perfect, whereas Nitto Invos for example are known to run a bit narrow.

Top priority for me - rear tyres at least - is dry grip closely followed by price

Best bet so far looks to be Kumho KU39s, Supercheap online has them for $237/ea fitted for 295/30/19 which is pretty good I think

If you find an unbelievably good deal make sure you check the manufacture date, I wouldn't be buying tyres older than 5 years even if they only last me 12-15 months.

Hey mate have you ever thrown an ABS & TSC code with your 10.5” rear? I just got a set of 19x8.5 (245/35/19) on the front and 19x9.5 (275/30/19) on the rear and threw those codes.