FG na ford falcon xr6 2014 mods

RJ87

• Member For: 4y 2m 15d

Hi guy first time car owner was just after suggestions on mods I can add to my 2014 fg falcon xr6. Now bare with me as I’m slowly but surely get a lil car savy lol but any advice would be great PS I see in other forums something called a CAT so anything like that if u could put it in lamen terms that would be great cheers in advance 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

a N/A falcon isn't worth really modding for power upgrades... but if you must: XR6T injectors, exhaust headers + catalytic convertor (that's what a CAT is, that you're referencing), XR6T fuel pump and an underdrive kit with a tune on 98 or E85 fuel and you'll gain... maybe 15kW (98) to 30kW (E85) at the wheels... this won't be a cheap exercise for such a minor gain.

the suggestion for first time car owners is to just enjoy the vehicle for what it is and spend money on mostly aesthetic mods, for example: cat-back exhaust (for sound), wheels, low/hard suspension (for visuals) etc. These are cheap and make the car look great along with being still nice to drive... then you should wait until you're really used to the car and then save your money for a XR6T instead of a N/A falcon.

• Like 1

• Member For: 4y 2m 15d

Oh great lot of info bro thanks heaps I’ll probably take up your second option with the lil upgrades here n there. How would I go about looking into those lil upgrades would online be the best bet or to look up some mechanics