No travel in Clutch pedal, FG Xr6T manual

masda74

• Member For: 10y 6m 20d

Bleed the clutch again. If the pedal doesn't come all the way back when you take your foot off either the pressure plate is broken which would make alot of noise or there is air in the line. Being is doesn't make noise there will be air in the line.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 19d

Bet there’s no oil left in the master cylinder or it’s turned to thick sludge 

unscrew the lid in the engine bay by the brake master cylinder and take a photo ;) 

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 20d

There is half fill reservoir. It isn't sludge, but it is brown. I don't think ot is the pressure plate cause I can still change gears. It most probably is air in the system. I am just not sure how air got in there.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 24d

air is usually introduced in to the system by a faulty master cyl/ resovoir (remotely mounted in this case) . If there are any 'leaks' in the system it will be leaking fluid after the master cyl as it is pressurized after this point. Most likly the master cyl leaking air into the system on the return cycle (tried very hard not to say return stroke!)

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 13d

I'm having what seems to be the same issue right now. Within 24hrs the clutch went from good to now having to pump the crap out of it every time to get into gear and only the bottom half of the pedal has pressure.
Zero fluid loss. Tried bleeding the system yesterday but was no better trying to drive today.
Just vacume bled it now but doesn't seem to be helping either.
Thing is I replaced my master cylinder just 6 weeks ago with the malwood alloy one after my factory one snapped.

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 18d

What CSC do you have?
If it's a stocker it's probably popped or leaking.

One thing people may not notice is Mal's comes with a larger bore than standard so a full press of the clutch will push the clutch in further. If the CSC was standard and worn I'm thinking it may have moved past it's normal point of operation and possibly started to leak since.

Could be right, could be wrong.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 13d

Had an NPC heavy duty single plate clutch kit rated for 430rwkw installed in 2015. Which according to my expensive Excel spreadsheet included a slave cylinder. Wouldnt know wether it was factory spec or upgraded though.