Turbo Barra XF Conversion

• Member For: 4y 7m 14d

Hey Guys,

I currently have a xr6t bf mkII motor sitting at home and I have decided to build a project car, I am thinking of putting the motor in a XF falcon although I do not have alot of information about the history of XF falcon conversions. I will have around a $10k budget not including the car. if anyone has done this before could you please let me know of any road blocks you had hit along the build and/or anything that has troubled you during the build. I do not want to spend money on a car that will be too much of a mission to build.

thanks alot :)

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

as long as you get most of the electronics and are good at fabrication and do all of the work yourself, you should be close to your original budget, but as they say about project cars, double the budget and triple the time...

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m
1 hour ago, k31th said:

double the budget and triple the time...

hows your project car going @k31th? forgive me if you sold it

1 hour ago, PRO G6E said:

I currently have a xr6t bf mkII motor sitting at home and I have decided to build a project car,

What gearbox are you planning on using? I swear I saw somewhere people were managing to fit the ZF 6 speed auto in some barra conversions... which would be mint!

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

mine is in storage... so in the process of sacrificing the expenditure required (well, strictly never had it) I have more than tripled the time, unfortunately.