Ba n/a to turbo

Jord460

• Member For: 4y 2m 23d

Hi im new to this forum and I'm sorry if this has been covered before 

I've just bought a Ba xr6 5 speed manual its had a lot work done bigger brakes front and rear, bigger swaybar twin exhaust kpm tuned but I want more power only paid 1900 for the car with a blown clutch and gearbox I put out of turbo I'm only wanting 250rwkw because of t5 my main question it can the na ecu retain a turbo tune or do you have to use the turbo ecu as that also has boost control 

Cheers 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

the N/A PCM doesn't have the plug for the wiring loom that supports electronic boost control and an N/A car doesn't have the wiring loom endpoints to go from the PCM to the boost control bits and pieces.

you can either get a Turbo PCM (and associated extra loom) trained to your car by an expert in these things and then get it dyno tuned properly or you can get a separate boost controller and then tune the N/A PCM alongside it (extra work for the tuner).

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

if you're doing a full N/A to turbo conversion, there's a lot more involved than just that, though... have a read of the N/A forum's sticky topics about the conversion (here) and see what else you need to do to get the job done.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

right... good luck with it, then... keep us updated with how you get on.

just to let you know, though, it's never financially worth it to keep an N/A and turbo it, as compared to selling up the N/A and buying a turbo :spoton:

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

• 4 months later...