Misfiring, poor idle

Tom Tucker

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d

G'day guys, 

I'm going to describe a problem I had recently, and provide the solution, to help anyone who might have the same issue. 

I had a plazmaman plenum and FG throttle boy installed on my BF, along with all plazmaclamps. Work was done by a reputable workshop in Sydney. 

Car had major issues since leaving the shop, most notably a misfire at low rpm. Car was undrivable on the hwy. Took it back, they couldn't fix it, so I've had to redo everything myself. Pulled the throttle body apart to find they reused a sh*tty throttle body gasket, and didn't use any o rings in the plazmaman adaptor, resulting in a giant vaccum leak. 

So there you go. If you have low rpm issues and sh*t idle, check your throttle body! 

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

That’s a bit Poor from Precision racing, if it was them  @Peppy_t92 are you sure it was him ( them ) that did the work, he would know and rectify an issue like this in 10 minutes ! 

has it been this way since it was tuned? If Yes you need to get it back there asap as the boost and airflow will be all over the place now it’s all sealed up !!!

side note... why did you want the FG T/B ? 

Edited by JETURBO

• Donating Members

Yeah, I'll definitely get it looked at again. All I'll say is that I won't be letting that particular workshop anywhere near the car again after my experience. I know others have had great experiences, but mine couldn't have been worse. I got the impression that now they're doing $100k+ GTR and Lambo builds, a humble Falcon only gets the attention of the work experience kid... 

Went with FG to use the plazmaman adaptor and clamps throughout 

• Donating Members

Continuing to work my way through redoing everything. Pulled my brand new coil packs out to find most of them covered in oil. Another contributor to misfiring. Clearly they didn't use the brand new OEM gasket kit for the rocker cover that I supplied when they fitted the painted rocker cover. Incidentally, I took it back once to get them to fix all the gasket glue they left everywhere, and to get them to actually paint the whole rocker cover, and not leave the welded AN fittings in bare metal. And I'm going to have to repaint the rocker cover because it's covered in run marks. 

Awesome workmanship for $140+/hr labour charge