Stingray car security, triple guage pod

Slowxr6t

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 23d

Not me but the last guy I knew that installed one, wrote his car off watching the boost gauge.  Hit 18psi , then hit a tree.  

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d
11 minutes ago, arronm said:

Not me but the last guy I knew that installed one, wrote his car off watching the boost gauge.  Hit 18psi , then hit a tree.  

of all the things that didn't happen, this is right up there as something that for sure didn't happen exactly like that.

• Member For: 5y 4m 15d

Iv bought a twin guage pillar mount pod, it's a nice fitting piece of kit but when I sat it in place over the existing pillar trim the 2 guage pods stick out a bit and create a bit of a blind spot which I didnt like the look of, so much so that I thought I wouldn't get used to it. So looking for alternatives.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 27d

I've got the FG one. To be honest it doesn't fit super well and so I have never really been happy with it. Can't really return it as I drilled a hole for an LED for my trans thermo switch. Tried to trim it a bit without much success.

Keep meaning to get another one to see if it was a one off, but then don't want to spend another $150 or whatever it was if the second one is no good!

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 19y 10m 16d

Hi I make these and back them up all the way. As a matter of fact we have back up service second to none because we care about what we do and looking after people. We cant be responsible if people do not contact us if they have trouble to fit . But we can advise you as we always do as part of the service 99.9% resolve issues. We can only help people if they get stuck because we realise not everyone has the know how or might need some friendly advice to get things going smoothly. 

If anyone has any problems or questions we are happy to help 0414445444 leave a message or message us on facebook instagram or sales@stingraycar.com.au   .

Goes without saying I cant improve on what we do or help you to do your bit properly ..all it takes is a call and some friendly advice on our end cheers Stav

On 28/12/2019 at 2:29 PM, El Andrew said:

I've got the FG one. To be honest it doesn't fit super well and so I have never really been happy with it. Can't really return it as I drilled a hole for an LED for my trans thermo switch. Tried to trim it a bit without much success.

Keep meaning to get another one to see if it was a one off, but then don't want to spend another $150 or whatever it was if the second one is no good!

Flick us a message.Also we found some fg falcons had build quality differences and that as I have already mentioned we can guide you yo make it fit very nicely cheers 

Stav

• Member For: 19y 10m 16d
On 27/12/2019 at 10:45 PM, arronm said:

It is common sense to watch where you are going at 18psi instead of a gauge even the speedo is a dangerous distraction. Sounds more like the car lost control instead of going straight in any case. At that boost I can guarantee you my mind is on the steering and keeping an eye on the road cars behaviour..if it steps out Id be focused on the controlling the car not looking at anything else. When you feel your car stepping out of control do you look at your gauge or try to save your car? Id say something went wrong with the car loss of traction poor tyres suspension and then a loss of control. Even if he looked at his gauge why wasnt the driver mindful of the car he was booting 18psi into? In that instance its an error on the driver because yes I have also loss traction om rare occasions  while looking at the radio for example and still manage to control the car peoples lives are at risk. True?

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 27d

Hi everyone

As per above, I PM'ed Stingray about mine as it didn't fit well.

They sent me the updated one straight away which fitted up much better. Still need to finish the job by mounting my trans temp LED properly (got a thermo switch to trigger the light and the trans fan) and putting some electrical tape around the gauges to make them snug, but this pic gives you an idea of the improved fitment.

So yeah, thanks for sorting it out!

Also I need to vacuum the car...2bed45b49aefca43f71d35d9f3087b0b.jpg