Walbro 460 Wiring

• Member For: 5y 11m 6d

I think you've got it mate, because each time its melted, the connection has been lose, I was never sure weather it came lose first or once it was already melted but I think potentially its come lose and caused it to draw more power then melted and cause there is no fuse on the power wire it has just melted the cradle. That double nut fittings looks like a winner where did you see that one ?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Found them.

http://www.radiumauto.com/Electrical-Bulkhead-Stud-Kit-6-Pack-P1049.aspx

"I think you've got it mate, because each time its melted, the connection has been lose, I was never sure weather it came lose first or once it was already melted but I think potentially its come lose and caused it to draw more power then melted and cause there is no fuse on the power wire it has just melted the cradle"

that's why I get paid the BIG bucks. 

RadiumProd-1077.jpg

Edited by arronm

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

At the risk of pointing out the obvious you don't need insulated bulkhead connectors to go through a thermoplastic Pump Module.

Double R Ron is the metallologist and will be able to explain why zinc/nickel coated studs/bolts  won't be the best conductors (something about surface conduction or something vs a whole conductors) but if I was you I'd get some good old black steel m6 bolts and nuts, install quality crimps and use the black steel bolts to secure them.

I use https://www.efihardware.com/products/1593/submersible-pump-bulk-head-terminals to run my TWIN intank 460's but had changed to black steel bolts purely due to the thickness of my fuel tank hat.

Buy Aussie Bro

lol thickness.

• 11 months later...
  • Member For: 5y 11m 6d

Hey mate, this was probably one of the biggest I <3 Bananas arounds to date with my car. I melted my cradle 4 times trying to figure it out. I eventually gave up got a new cradle and ran power and earth straight into the standard plug I get good volts at the pump and have since had zero issues.

Regarding the issue for the bulk heads though, I did find that it was always coming lose and drawing more, you need to make sure you are drilling the perfect size hole to let the inner seal from the bulkhead drop in and seal.

At times it was not lose from the top, but once I pulled the cradle I noticed it had come lose from the bottom. If I could go back I would have done what I done now but after the first cradle.

• Member For: 8y 5m 20d
Thanks mate, I just went up to work and got another module so I'll run the power through the factory plug like you said.

Think I'm going to just get the AI intank surge setup