My long term tidy up!

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 3m 21d

Having a quick look this morning for some real world reviews, they sound the biz though.

Ive had carbon ceramic pads in the bikes before and they appeared to be easy on rotors but fairly heavy on dust. Possibly an easy compound on rotors but pad wears out quicker.

• Member For: 6y 10m 28d
7 hours ago, k31th said:

do they rip up your rotors, though? how are they on dust production?

No just the same as any performance pad. They last a long time as well.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Avoided the plague for 2 years and it finally got me. Put me in bed for a day super tired and achey and then decided while off for a few days it was best to visit a sore spot. The paint work.

I was never really happy with the finish I got and kinda gave up. I hit it again starting with some very aggressive sanding starting from 400 right up to 3000. The paint always had a porous finish which I never properly levelled down. This made it really easy for the paint to get crap in it and hard to clean.

Its by no means a top end finish but much smoother and finished with a heavy cut compound and sealed with turtle wax seal and shine. I feel now with regular washing it will look much more respectable for longer and easier to wash. Snuck in a small headlight polish while I was at it.

I've also got one of the bikes up for sale and the sale of that will cover the cost of a built zf. Really want to drag race the car and lay down some numbers reliably.

In prep for zf and retune I have ordered an antz turbo side intake and arranged all the parts I need to get the battery in the boot.5c6d62112c502a75df312a8b7621911c.jpgc0e49ba008ecb573682e06acc3bba4a2.jpg6459611b0d0bd296f791b5ca3d8d7c9b.jpgd6a269a1c1245fac2dfe7d8210e778ea.jpg61ce344592e9ed27d166d174b701bfa6.jpg54ecfb37cfb5d02e4300e92fa220adbf.jpgef2204a7ad35a1ada23620891c8455c0.jpg

• Like 1

Exactly this 'good from afar'. Which is fine for now, the car lives outside so a killer paint job would be very hard to keep mint when its exposed to the elements 24/7

In bed for a day, dead tired, full body aches but woke up next day ready for action!

Think I will do an interior detail tomorrow, keep me busy.
  • Like 1